Grace Funeral Service located in Albany, Wisconsin had been passed on to many different owners throughout the years.
The beginning of our history at Grace Funeral Service was founded by the Atherton family. The funeral home was operated inside of their furniture store in quaint, downtown area of Albany over a century ago. The sign on the outside of the store simply stated “Furniture and Coffins.”
In the 1940’s, Truman and Isabelle Sharer bought the funeral home and moved it to the present location of 203 West Nichols Street in Albany.
During the 1970’s, the funeral home was leased to Gale and Carol Gohlke who ran the funeral home for approximately 17 years. In the late 1980’s the funeral home was sold to long time funeral director, Lowell Stuessy of Monroe, WI. He made several improvements to the home and property.
Purchased by its current owners and former employee in 1993, Lance and Jeanne Bifulk.